Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Historical Capital

Last weekend we were visiting our capital Vienna. I am always impressed by its historical and cultural richness. Never in the world I have witnessed such plenty of history in one spot.

Even more disturbing I find the fact that most Austrians seem not to value these treasures. At least sometimes it feels like only tourists are visiting our nation's valuable heritage.

And Vienna is more than a city with a lot of historical background. It is a full scale metropolitan city. So one can enjoy culture and whatever one likes to do (except mountain climbing, of course ;-)
In our case we were lucky enough to have tickets for the Vienna concert of the U2 360degree tour. Really a formidable event with a light and video show that misses any equivalent. We really enjoyed the evening with U2 although the chilly temperature didn't make it especially comfortable...

No comments: