After a quite terrible oral surgery on Tuesday where two of my wisdom tooths have been removed I'm still suffering from a swollen cheek and constrained diet due to limited flexibility of my jaws.
In the last days I had plenty of time considering possible rationales for such a painful redundancy that wisdom teeth have become for mankind. I have no clue what they could be good for. Sometime ago I heard of a rare possibility that one could have wisdom teeth replace a bad molar. But I suspect that one has to be even lucky for this to work because as in my case the wisdom teeth where deep within the jaw bones with no sign of coming out of there.
However, the most plausible thing I could come up with is that they are obviously a significant part of an oral surgeon's job so that they can earn a living ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment